The Chromebook and Google Apps are great – yet they are just tools for our use in teaching. YOU are the most important resource for your students, and HOW you use technology tools, and have the students use them, is what’s most important.
Most of us did not receive training in our college courses on the use of technology in teaching – so it’s up to us to investigate and apply best practices. It’s really not magic – yet it does perhaps require rethinking how we teach – and how our students learn. Where to start? I’ll keep changing and updating this list of online resources that I believe can be helpful….
- Google in your Classroom – learn about an apply the apps
This is one of the best do-it-yourself resources!
- Learn how to use each app: Google’s Online Courses
- 52 Tips and Trick for using Google Docs in the Classroom
- Lesson Plan Search – from Google
- Kathy Schrock’s Guide to Everything – Chromebooks
- Chromebook Classroom – from Edina PS’s in Minnesota